Sunday, February 27, 2011

Taco Chicken on Oscar Night and a Greek Salad

Well it's Oscar night and I want a ready made supper when I throw on my hot pink boa, $6 black leggings from Giant Tiger( this week) and my gold high heels,  to settle in for three hours of watching the Glamour night of the year. 

There is nothing easier than this.
Just the best!


Taco Chicken

3 -4 chicken breasts
1 can mushroom soup
1 cup medium salsa
1/2 package Taco seasoning
Crockpot
1/2 cup sour cream

Rinse out chicken breasts and cut in half and place in crockpot.  Sprinkle with taco seasoning.  Pour mushroom soup and salsa on top. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.  You can add 1/2 cup sour cream to mixture just before turning crockpot off, or add put a spoonful of sourcream on chicken when it's on your plate...if you're a visual person...and like a Chef's presentation. 

Being that I was home, I set the crockpot to High for 3 hours and noticed that the sauce was starting to burn along the top edges a bit, so reduced the heat to Low for 2 more hours.
Served with Greek Salad and short grain rice.

I'll never do this again without doubling the recipe because it is a great leftover food.
Sooo good.

Add a bottle of red Cabernet Sauvignon, Copper Moon, Kelowna, B.C. and the Oscars were bearly bearable. I was so bored I coulda vacuumed. 
When the Tabloid Queen has to get drunk to enjoy the Oscars...they are pretty bad.


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment