Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cabbage, Potato and Mushroom Soup


 
 
 
 
Cabbage, Potato and Mushroom Soup

1/3 head of cabbage cut in chunks( I used a bit more)

2 potatoes cut in chunks

4-5 carrots chunked

1/3 cup raw long grain rice

1  onion

2 litres water or more to cover veggies..I used more

I tbsp. chicken powder broth( I used 2 for the amount of water I had)

1 can Wild Mushroom soup

Bring all  veggies with ½ an  onion to a boil and simmer till veggies are cooked.

Sauté  the other ½ onion in 3 Tbsp. butter until carmelized.  Add onions to pot.  Add 2 Tbsp. flour to hot fry pan and fry till golden brown...add to pot.  Throw in a can of wild mushroom soup  and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.  Enjoy.

I added slivers of Black forest ham to mine with a sprinkle of dill.
 
Then top it off with a piece of Polish Apple cake
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment