Saturday, November 3, 2012

Monster Meatballs and Chuckwagon Soup

 


Make a pot of Veggie Soup.

I used carrots, potatoes, parsnips, onions and celery.  Depending on how many veggies you use....add water to cover.  I like lots of veggies. Add 2 Tbsp. Veggie stock and simmer about 15 minutes. Then add 1 can diced tomatoes...simmer until veggies are soft . Season with salt and pepper. While soup is cookin',  I boil up some Wagonwheels and Alphabets pasta  in another pot.  I like to add these last with some fresh broccoli just to steam.  I make my meatballs in advance, freeze them,  and just pop them in the soup at the last minute to heat thoroughly.  Make buttered toast with Parmesan cheese sprinkled and a little bit of garlic salt and stick in oven to keep warm.Yummy on a cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment