Saturday, October 1, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

Oh my God!  I was at the garden centre today and a lady was buying spaghetti squash.  I had no idea what this was. So we chatted and I asked how she cooked this squash. A few women exchanged different ideas from olive oil to sprinkling butter and brown sugar on it.  Hmmmm..... so I went and bought  a couple to try. Next guy in lineup is a guy and he says " I just love spaghetty squash".  So I ask him how he cooks it. He says " Just cut it in half lenghtwise, scoop out the seeds, and bake it for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  Then shred it with a fork and it will look like spaghetti.  I say " Oh yeah?'.  He says: Yup , then you drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese all over it".  So,  as I am having breaded Basa tonight, I thought this would be a nice sidedish.  Wow it does shred like spaghetti and I just left it in the shell and put some diced tomatoes on it with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and my breaded fish pieces. 

Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment