Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jewish Potato Latkes

Had a craving today....not much of a diet food but me and the scale aren't in sync with each other today,   so I just peeled a potato and said " I'll just have to take my chances"

Enjoy today, pay tomorrow!



 




Had to share half with the neighbors because these were just too good.....and would be too tempting to snack on.

4 Bakers potatoes grated
1 small onion grated
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
salt and pepper
Veggie oil to fry in

Grate potatoes and leave in cold water until ready for use. Cold water keeps them from turning brown. When ready squeeze the water out of potatoes and put in a bowl. Beat the eggs till frothy and pour over potatoes and onion. Sprinkle in flour and baking powder.  Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour enough oil  to give you 1/2 inch in the frying pan.  I heated mine to medium high (7) and found that temperature allowed me to cook all my batches to a beautiful golden brown without the oil getting dirty and needing to be changed before you're finished.  I had three full fry pans and they were beautiful latkes.  Sour cream is a must to have on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment