Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Don't Even Buy Green Bananas

Best Quote of the day in my salon which still has me chuckling.
One of my senior's husband was dealing with the ever hounding Direct Energy salesman who happen to ring your doorbell at suppertime. They consistently try to lure you into their contractual " We'll be your buddy and give you the best deal in town and save you tons of money.... if you sign with us" for heating your house with gas in a winter city, where one has no choice but to practically mortgage their gas bill in Alberta.
When a senior is in his 90's, he doesn't look long term for a gas contract.. To which my senior answered.
." A contract?? What do I want a contract for? You may not even be talking to me tomorrow."
"Gawd, I don't even buy green bananas".

Meaning...simply choose your bananas according to how you expect to consume them...and appply that little bit of philosophy into your day. And judging on how many I throw out that are over ripened and brown....it's a good point for me to ponder when strolling the banana aisle of life as well.

2 comments:

  1. So what you're saying is, "When life gives you brown banana's, make Black Bottom Banana Loaf"!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love Brandy's Black Botton Banana cake but I don't wanna be makin' it every week....and that's the point I guess. What is too much, I guess is the question.

    ReplyDelete