Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lukasz and sister Aga-our Polish cousins

These are our cousins Lukasz, from Wroclaw, Poland and his sister Aga from Legnica. They are great- grandchildren of dad's brother Stefan. Remember Lukasz, Kassie....."Help me Polish Tutor!"! He has grown alot since I saw him in 1997. After 13 years... he tells me his favorite beer is "Staropramen" from Prague, best Polish beer is unpasteurized Piast from Wroclaw, and best vodka is Debowa( Oak Vodka). I write as I drink my Canadian beer. His favorite food dish is "pierogi po rusku", which we have discussed this week. Are they Polish, Ukrainian or Russian? We have decided they are Polish but in Poland, potatoes, cheese and onion are referred to as "pierogi ruskie". His favorite vacation place, which he likes to visit often is in a mountainous region in Poland called "Samotnia in Karkonosze". It is a Polish mountain range with a refuge on top of a mountain with it's own lake. Can you imagine? A lake on top of a mountain. Check out the "galeria" on http://www.samotnia/ .com

These are pictures he took in a place he vacationed this summer in southeren Poland called Slawa, with his girlfriend Becky. That's right I said "Becky". Lukasz...my nephew's girlfriend is also Becky. My conversation about pierogi made me crave some so I went and cooked some for supper. So here you have it...homemade Canadian pierogi right from the Pierogi capital of Alberta.

Kanadyjski pierogi ruskie z Edmonton..Kuchni Hani



Agnieszka and Lukasz 1997



Samotnia Karkonosze



Slawa



















No comments:

Post a Comment