Friday, September 17, 2010

The Wrath of the Siberian Frost


I think the Siberian frost moved into my neighborhood last night. This morning everything that was once green and had life, is now black, brown and dead. My poor sunflower that was dwarfed in the early stages by a Virginia Creeper had no chance of ever petaling but was still regal looking with it's unopened head. I had a long glance at it last night, regretting that it wouldn't have a chance to bloom. I never expected to see it hanging it's head in black death this morning. My Shastas bit the dust as well. They were gorgeous. The Virginia Creepers never have a chance to change colours. If the bugs don't eat them up, Jack Frost will destroy them overnight. I can see 10 orange garbage bags lined up this weekend for sure. It is so cold here....7 degrees..... compared to temperatures of 33 last year. Is this Alberta or Siberia? What the hell is going on?
















No comments:

Post a Comment