Sunday, July 18, 2010

4 Days before I start my Glamping Weekend


It is 4 days before I start my 1st "Glamping Weekend" at Crimson Lake in Alberta. The last hour is certainly almost enough reason to Rethink Alberta as the Californians would have traveling people believe. But being a proud Albertan I will stay optimistic. Between thunderous bolts of ear deafening lightning and the angry rain gods pouring down endless buckets upon us, I will remain optimistic for the 5th day. Even tho' my beautiful hot, sunny Sunday has been quickly twisted out of my memory today and replaced with surprising grey skies, wind and rain and hail, I will remain optimistic. This must be my mantra for 5 days now for my car is already packed except for food. It is packed five days early because I'm Polish and a Polish Glamping Baba could forget something and it takes five days to squeeze all the glampiness into one car. Yes I said ...car. No SUV. No Van. No Motorhome, and no teeterin' wagon draggin on my butt. Just a Baba and a tent and all the glampiness I can fit into one Chrysler. My front seat must be empty of all glamping gear, just a rhinestone GPS dangling from my dash and a Timmy's take out coffee as I head out of town into the Rocky Mountain forest with my tent. Okay... maybe Widnowski's kubasa will be in the front seat with the air conditioner...but that's it. Is there a man in my adventure? Just a cool Smirnoff, one Russian Prince, One Fat Bastard,Woof Woof and Ben Gay, just in case Art Ryetis shows up unannounced. As far as I know that'll be it.



Do You Wanna Be Polish for a minute?

Sing along with 2nd song on Polka Medley called Hupaj Siupaj.

Hupaj siupaj, hupaj siupaj, hupaj siupaj dana
Ja spiewam po polsku
Bo ja jestem dobre boy
Hupaj siupaj, hupaj siupa,j hupaj siupaj dana, hupaj siupaj dana, hupaj siup
Ja lubie moje babka
Ja lubie moje dziadka
Ja lubie moje babka
Bo that's my family tree.











No comments:

Post a Comment