Sunday, July 25, 2010

Glamping's Over



Well the Glamping weekend is over.


The weather was and still is everything it shoulda been for anyone expecting a fantastic, glamping weekend. For the shit show we had here last week and daily anticpation between rain and more rain, the weather was the one thing that didn't let me down. It was absolutely gorgeous, sunny weather. The glampereeno's got to play in the lake water on the beach and the old glampers suntanned as they kept their eyes on them. Uncle Ronnie got to take the boat out and whirl everybody around the lake. That was Jakee's first boat ride and he loved it.


Now after three days I badly needed a hot shower with shampoo, mousse, hair gloss, spray and cologne. Now I coulda taken that all with me and showered at the lake showers, but I had no room in my bag and forgot the gloss. After glamaphantizing spritz for three days with water cuz' I had no hair gloss, what did it matter anymore if I had makeup on or not. When hair appliances don't make your hair stand on end because you're scalped it's pretty hard to look glampafied? I mean a sun viser can only do so much and I am not a hat person. Although perhaps I shoulda been. All that mattered was warm water and soap to wash my hands and face a couple of times a day.


After my drive home from the lake I decided against all discretion and went into the local liqour store with my unglampy lake look and refilled my booze bag. I could barely get out of the car as I hadn't stopped once on my ride back and all my muscles jammed up. I am sure the liqour store clerk wondered why I was buying more booze as I gimped in and out of the store. Was it to add to the pain or kill it?


The highlight of my weekend was my tent. I can't say enough about it and am sad that I won't be sleeping in it tonight. I will miss the fresh air, and the glampiness that it offered me for three days on my first glamping experience. It was a great, great tent.


This is the Vodka cooler that I anticipated having in glamping style that I didn't have. The rule is when you glamp with plastic, at least have jewel tones. I had the jewel toned glasses.... just no coolers. I bought six and drank five preparing myself for this weekend which left me one cooler to take with me. After I poured it into a solid coloured, yellow, plastic glass, I tripped on a tent string and dropped it. I thought it was a tent string but it coulda been one of three dog leashes. Yes three friggin' dog leashes all tangled around in a circus maze between trees, chairs and tables as each dog yippped and barked. "Jump over me ......no over here.....no pick me.....No I wanna be in the circle...." And kids cried and big people swore and told them to lay down and shut up. Anyhow the laziness to get a jewel toned glass out of my tent was a jinx that never ended. So the frosty vodka lime on ice that I thought I would enjoy in the peaceful serenity of the outdoors, I am having now in my back yard at home.




2 comments:

  1. What a great read! I'm so happy you finally decided to start a blog - you are such a great writer!

    I just talked to Brandy who said they had a great time and are looking forward to more & more camping! Ya gotta love that!

    I spent a lot of time camping at Crimson lake as a kid, good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Barb...what will be next...facebook and twitter???haha.

    Glamping Baba

    ReplyDelete