Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yay the sun is shining and Glamping is a Go!




Well it's a beautiful, "couldn't hope for a more gorgeous " morning with barely a cloud in the sky. My car is packed to the point where I couldn't even bring a suitcase. I just stuffed clothes in every crevice that was available. I mean as far as wardrobe goes all a glamper needs is her pink maribou boa and gold high heels. It kinda balances out all the shlumpadinka outfits camping may bring upon me with the weather.

Kougar KiKi told me she was getting a pedicure before her trip. My idea of "roughing it" is not getting a pedicure for camping and not shaving your legs. If I end up with a bear in my tent I want some advantage over him. After I get back I'll need the whole body scrub and peel.
..................
Yesterday I made a quick trip to the greenhouse. An old dziadzu was sitting in his car waiting for his wife. Blowing out cigarette smoke through a whiskered face, he looked at my car and told me I should be getting my tires rotated. He suggested "my old man" might do them. Geeeezz...at times like this I wish I had an old man...well any man....and I really don't want to hear this 24 hours before I head out of town. A believer in people crossing your path for a reason...I quickly booted to the garage and begged for someone to rotate my tires. I begged them not to ask for my spare tire that was buried in my trunk under a mountain of glamping necessities. They agreed I should have them done and 20 minutes later, they accomodated me on the spot, and they were done. So thanks to the old dziadek and thanks to all the mechanics who don't push you out the door and tell you to come back next week.
........................
So now one final stop for cold beer and hairspray and I am outta here!

So here's to a great weekend "Glamping ".
Tune in next week if I survive!


No comments:

Post a Comment